- 6 -8 Carrots (I used Rainbow)
- 1 cup Leeks (frozen or fresh)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Grated Cheese
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Wash and peel your carrots. To get the fettuccine look, take your peeler and keep peeling. The result will be beautiful ribbons!
- In a pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and add the garlic and leeks. Cook just until the leeks begin to brown slightly and get tender.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with a generous amount of salt. Boil the carrots the same way you would traditional pasta.
- While the water is boiling prepare an ice bath. I used cold water and just a few ice cubes. This will be used to blanche the carrots once they're boiled.
- Cook the carrots in boiling water for 45 seconds and quickly submerge them into the ice bath for 30 seconds.
- Strain the carrots and add to leeks.
- Add salt and pepper, red pepper flakes and grated cheese. You may also add light cream if you want to make it more of a thick creamy sauce.
- Let cook for about 3-5 minutes until the carrots get more tender. Top with cheese and enjoy!