Each cauliflower tortilla in this recipe is about 50 calories. A meal of 3 tacos with a single chicken drumstick and thigh between those tacos, along with toppings of pickled radishes, roasted mini bell peppers, and chimmicurri sauce comes out to about 490 calories! Yum!
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h 20m
- Serves: 2 people
- Yield: 6 tacos
- Category: 500 Calorie Meal
- 2 chicken legs, skin not eaten (308 calories, 154 calories per serving - drumstick and thigh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (80 calories, 40 per serving of chicken)
- 2 eggs (144 calories, 72 calories per egg)
- 1 head organic cauliflower (147 calories)
- 8 pickled radishes (3 calories/radish)
- 1 cup roasted mini bell peppers (80 calories)
- 2 tablespoons chimmichurri sauce (136 calories)
- 1 teaspoon salt (0 calories)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (6 calories)
Total Calorie Count: 164 Calories/Taco, 3 Tacos = 492 Calories
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and once hot, 1 cup of mini bell peppers to a baking sheet and roast until browned and cooked through.
- Also add the two chicken legs, covered in olive oil, salt and pepper (skin on - you can take it off later). Cook through for about 35 to 40 minutes until no longer pink inside.
- While baking, prepare the cauliflower! Remove all the florets from the head and add to a microwave safe bowl. Add a few tablespoons of water to the bowl, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes until the cauliflower is soft.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, drain and add to a food processor. Pulse the cauliflower until it's in pieces about the size of small grains of rice.
- Using a clean kitchen towel, pour the cauliflower rice out and allow to cool for a few minutes. Then squeeze out as much water as you possible can by twisting the towel around the cauliflower. Do this at least 10 times - you want the cauliflower to be as dry as possible.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 2 eggs, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add the dried cauliflower rice and mix together. The consistency should not be too watery. Spoon out the mixture into 6 balls and flatten and shape with a spoon into a tortilla.
- Bake at 375 for about 8 to 10 minutes, then flip once they begin to brown and finish cooking for another 5.
- Put the tacos together by taking the skin off the chicken and shredding it with a fork, adding the chicken to each cauliflower tortilla. Add toppings - chimmichurri sauce, roasted bell peppers, and pickled radishes. Enjoy!