- large eggs, poached (78 calories each) = 156 calories
- 1 cup cooked quinoa = 222 calories
- 1 cup cooked asparagus = 88 calories
- 1 tablespoon sharp cheddar cheese = 29 calories
- 1 cup arugula, raw = 5 calories
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha = 4 calories
Total Calorie Count: 504
- 1. In a medium saucepan, boil water, add quinoa, and cook on low for 15 minutes with lid on until cooked through.
- 2. In another pan, bring water to poaching temperature (the bottom of the pan should just be bubbling). When the quinoa is almost cooked, poach 2 eggs by gently dropping them into water. Stir the water gently to get the eggs moving and remove after about 90 seconds (if you like them soft poached). When removing, you can allow them to sit on a paper towel to soak up any excess water.
- 3. While the quinoa is cooking, sauté asparagus in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4. When all cooked ingredients are ready to go, assemble your bowl. Combine quinoa with asparagus, add arugula, sharp cheddar cheese, Sriracha, and the poached eggs. Break the eggs open, letting the yolks run over everything. Enjoy this delicious and nutritious 500 calorie meal!