- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch fresh black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula
- In a small saucepan, melt ghee over medium-low heat. When melted, crack 3 eggs into the pan and turn the heat to low. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the eggs.
- Meanwhile, combine butternut squash with olive oil and a bit of black pepper in a small glass bowl and microwave for 5 minutes (you could roast but it would take a while). If you have any leftover roasted root veggies from a previous meal those would be perfect as well. Cook butternut squash until soft.
- Cook the eggs low and slow for a minimum of 5 minutes. Pick up the pan and swirl the ghee around to cover the tops of the eggs. Place a small lid on the pan towards the end to firm up the whites. The egg whites should be cooked through but soft, and the yolk should be runny when broken with a fork.
- When the eggs are done, use a spatula to gently loosen from the pan. Slide the eggs and ghee out onto a warmed plate. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Add butternut squash and arugula to plate and enjoy!