Drop everything, run to your nearest market, fire up the oven and make my Chorizo Goat Cheese Quiche immediately. Immediately!! It’s that good…and super easy.
Yep, making a quiche is simple, and the result is always incredibly delicious. A homemade quiche always reminds me of my mom – she loves to make a basic one with broccoli, crunchy bacon and cheddar. Yum!
My quiche, a chorizo and goat cheese number, walks a bit more on the wild side. It’ll take about 60 minutes from start to finish with prep and cook time.
2. 6 eggs
3. 1/2 c. milk
4. splash of water
5. 1/4 c. chopped green onions
6. 4 inches of chorizo cut off a chorizo sausage, chopped (casings removed)
7. half a small yellow onion, chopped
8. 5 tablespoons fresh goat cheese, crumbled
9. salt and pepper to taste
10. non-stick spray
2. Heat up a medium sized skilled over medium-high heat and spray with a non-stick spray. Add the chorizo and chopped onion together, stirring frequently until the chorizo gets pretty brown, the onions start to become translucent, and everything starts to pop in the pan a bit. I prefer crunchy chorizo, so I cook mine very well. Take them off the heat when done.
3. Chop up your green onions into small pieces. Crack eggs into a bowl, add the milk, a splash of water, and green onions. Add salt and pepper to taste (I’d go with 3 generous pinches of salt, and 6ish shakes of pepper), then whisk everything together.
4. Put the chorizo/onion mix in the bottom of your pie shell. Pour half of your egg mixture into shell. Take your goat cheese and sporadically place a little more than half of the cheese into the mix. Pour the second half of the egg mix on top of that. Finish with the rest of the goat cheese and pop that beauty into the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. If your crust starts to brown too much, create an aluminum foil ring to gently place on the crust as it finishes in the oven.
6. You know your quiche is done when it starts to rise up a little bit, or when its clear that the eggs are no longer runny.
7. Eat. Tell me what you think.
Oven to 350 F
Difficulty Level: Easy/Medium