What Do I Eat For Breakfast?
With a new puppy, a blog, a podcast, a super secret business I’m building and launching in the fall (hint – it’s all about the vagina), a hungry boyfriend, and a big ass apartment to keep in order I don’t really have a lot of time to make an elaborate, healthy breakfast every morning. Does anyone? Raise your hand if ya do because let a sister in on the secret.
I recently began thinking “ahead”…as in a few days ahead about how to keep my man and I fueled up in a healthy and tasty way with little to no effort. What could I make once or twice a week that will keep for a few days, won’t require silverware, can be eaten on the run, and delicious?
paleo egg muffins.
Yep, the paleo egg muffin is the perfect breakfast specimen. High in protein, low in fat, tons of veggie (flavor) options, easy to whip up, and can be taken to go in an instant. Try them. You won’t be disappointed.
1. 2 dozen eggs
2. Any variety of vegetable you like
3. 6 slices of turkey bacon or other protein (cooked) chopped up
4. Black or white beans (1/2 tablespoon for each muffin)
5. S&P to taste
6. Cooking Spray
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, scramble 2 dozen eggs and season with a bit of salt and pepper (or no salt if you’re looking for a low-sodium option).
3. Prepare any veggies and cut into small pieces (I like to use the food processor to speed things up here, like with garlic and onion).
4. Add veggies and beans to eggs.
5. Spray muffin tin (probably 2 muffin tins for this many eggs) so your muffieesss pop out easily when done. Sprinkle turkey bacon bits into bottom of each space in a muffin tin. Fill with egg mixture.
6. Cook for about 20 minutes until firm. Then, Enjoy!
7. These should stay fresh for up to 5 days.
About 24 egg muffins