W O R K T H A T B O D Y
If you've never tried a Roasted Butternut Squash Soup you're seriously missing out. The only ingredients are: squash, carrots, ginger, vegetable broth, herbs, olive oil, and a tiny bit of salt, and pepper. That's it! Doesn't get much better for your diet and waistline than that!
Enjoy the tutorial video below with the recipe to follow!
Roasted Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup
- 1 Roasted Butternut Squash, halved
- 1 Large Roasted Carrot
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- ½ chopped onion
- 5 cups of more of low-salt chicken broth
- 5-6 parsley stems
- 5-6 thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Crisco Olive Oil
- Twine to tie herbs
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Take a baking sheet and cover in parchment paper. Spray with Crisco Spray. Cut squash in half and drizzle with Crisco olive oil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle large carrot with olive oil and place on pan. Bake for about 45 minutes or until very soft and a brown color has been achieved.
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook onions in olive oil for about 10 minutes. Add ginger and cook for a minute or two.
- Divide the squash and carrot into pieces and add to the pan. Add chicken broth, and parsley stems, thyme, and bay leaf tied together with twine. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the parsley, thyme, and bay leaf. Turn off heat. Carefully pour the soup from the pan into a high-powered mixer and blend on high for 1-2 minutes. The soup will be very hot so be careful when blending!!!
- Pour the soup back into the pan and season with salt and pepper on low.
- Serve in a beautiful bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and place a parsley leaf on top. Enjoy!