Hi Guys! I recently got the chance to ask Kayla Itsines, Instagram's fitness superstar, a couple crazy questions. I may or may not have fangirled ?
[divider]Here's our silly convo![/divider]
1. We noticed you head tilt a lot in your photos. Where did you pick this up? Do you have a “better” or “preferred” side? I personally like the left side of my face. Ha!
Haha! Really?! I haven’t noticed this! I’m definitely going to pick up on this from now on though!
2. What is your least favorite exercise move?
I don’t really have a least favorite exercise move, but I do love burpees! Commandos might be my least favorite?
3. If you had to choose between something greasy and delicious and something super heathy and nutritious for your last meal on earth, which way would you go?
Definitely the healthy and nutritious option! I actually find those foods to be delicious! Deep fried and greasy foods tend to make me feel sick so I’ll go the healthier route any day. This can still include a big bowl of pasta with a tomato-based sauce or a healthy homemade burger!
4. What’s your favorite botched pronunciation of your last name?
“Its-fitness.” I think it’s hilarious!
5. How many days a week do you eat mango? What’s the most creative way you eat of cook it? I’m so jealous because I’m allergic!
Oh no! I’m so sorry you’re allergic! If I could, I would eat it every day! I always make sure to have a large variety of foods in my diet so I don’t eat mango every day, but if I could, I definitely would! I actually eat it in the simplest way. Here, let me show you a photo!
6. Are we ever going to see your own line of non-itchy workout tights?
I love that you know this about me! I can’t give a way too much, but I would love to work on creating my own activewear line!
7. How do you choose which before-and-after picture to share on your Instagram? So many people tag you in their progress photos. It must be tough to pick!
I know! I love reading the girls’ inspirational stories. It is so tough to pick! I don’t necessarily “choose” between any transformations. When I read an amazing story or see an inspirational transformation, I always want to share it with my followers. I just upload those pictures next!
8. Finish this sentence: “A day without exercise is a day…”
...I’m spending on rest and recovery! I believe it’s so important to listen to your body and to rest when needed. I always try to do at least one rehabilitation session a week where I spend my time stretching and foam rolling. I also love to relax and take a hot bath.
9. Do you follow the Sweat with Kayla program day-to-day or do you modify your own workouts? Do you do multiple workouts a day?
Yes, of course I follow my Sweat With Kayla app. I train exactly the same way BBG girls do. I complete three to four of my 28-minute resistance training sessions a week and alternate LISS (Low Intensity Steady State) and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) the remaining days. I also try to fit in at least one rehabilitation session a week.
10. How do you keep your tennis shoes so clean?
Haha! I am such a clean person! I actually put my shoes in the washing machine to make sure they stay white. I’m not really fussing about anything, but I do love white shoes! I actually feel my style isn’t great when it comes to putting an outfit together. I like to think that my white shoes help balance everything out.
11. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to help people and be involved in some form of sports. That's why I decided to study PE (Physical Education) teaching. I deferred from university to focus on my personal training course at the Australian Institute of Fitness and I guess I never looked back! I know it sounds cliché, but I feel so blessed to be able to turn my passion into a career.
12. Last question! What is next for you?
I have so many exciting projects that I’m working on for the BBG community including new products and updates to my app so that the girls will always have access to the best product possible.