Hi, Guys! I'm a few days late to the start of the month, but boy do I have a four-week AB challenge for you!
To compliment March Madness, the showcasing of America's strongest college basketball teams, I've come up with March MABness, a month-long exercise routine guaranteed to get you your strongest core!
Here are the 6 moves you will use throughout my challenge. Get yourself familiar with them before you rock and roll!
- Plank Lie facedown on the floor with feet together and forearms on the ground. Draw belly button to your spine and tighten glutes. Lift entire body off the ground until it forms a straight line from head to toe, resting on forearms and toes. Hold, keeping your back flat and core engaged.
- Sit-Ups Lie flat on the back, lift your torso to a sitting position, and then lie flat again without changing the position of your legs.
- Bicycle Crunches (standing or laying down) Lie on back, or stay standing, with legs extended and hands behind your head with elbows out. Pull right knee in toward chest while twisting left shoulder toward right knee. Return to starting position and repeat with other knee and shoulder. Keep chest open.
- Mountain Climbers Get in a pushup position with your arms straight and your body in a straight line from your head to your toes. Bring your right knee to your chest and place your foot back on the ground behind you. Quickly switch to the other leg and repeat. Keep upper body as still as possible.
- Russian Twists Sit on the floor, knees bent and feet slightly off the floor. Connect your fists in front of you, with your elbows facing out. Lean back so that your torso is at a 45-degree angle to the floor. Twist to the right as far as you can, pause, then reverse movement and twist to the left.
- Bird Dogs Get into a table top position, hands straight directly under your chest and knees directly under your hips. Balance on hands and knees. Lift right leg and left arm, extending right leg to the rear and reaching forward with left arm. Hold. Repeat with opposite arm and leg.
Now you are ready to get started!
Here is the challenge:
Week 1 March 6th: 30 sec plank, 30 bicycle crunches, 25 sit-ups March 7th: 30 mountain climbers, 30 Russian twists, 20 bird dogs March 8th: 30 sec plank, 30 mountain climbers, 20 bird dogs March 9th: 30 bicycle crunches, 25 sit-ups, 30 Russian twists March 10th: 30 Russian twists, 30 mountain climbers, 25 sit-ups March 11th: 20 bird dogs, 30 sec plank, 30 bicycle crunches March 12th: 25 sit-ups, 30 bicycle crunches, 30 Russian twists
Week 2 March 13th: 40 sec plank, 40 bicycle crunches, 35 sit-ups March 14th: 40 mountain climbers, 40 Russian twists, 30 bird dogs March 15th: 40 sec plank, 40 mountain climbers, 30 bird dogs March 16th: 40 bicycle crunches, 35 sit-ups, 40 Russian twists March 17th: 40 Russian twists, 40 mountain climbers, 35 sit-ups March 18th: 30 bird dogs, 40 sec plank, 40 bicycle crunches March 19th: 35 sit-ups, 40 bicycle crunches, 40 Russian twists
Week 3 March 20th: 50 sec plank, 50 bicycle crunches, 45 sit-ups March 21st: 50 mountain climbers, 50 Russian twists, 40 bird dogs March 22nd: 50 sec plank, 50 mountain climbers, 40 bird dogs March 23rd: 40 bicycle crunches, 45 sit-ups, 50 Russian twists March 24th: 50 Russian twists, 50 mountain climbers, 45 sit-ups March 25th: 40 bird dogs, 50 sec plank, 50 bicycle crunches March 26th: 45 sit-ups, 50 bicycle crunches, 50 Russian twists
Week 4 March 27th: 60 sec plank, 60 bicycle crunches, 55 sit-ups March 28th: 60 mountain climbers, 60 Russian twists, 50 bird dogs (each leg) March 29th: 60 sec plank, 60 mountain climbers, 50 bird dogs March 30th: 60 bicycle crunches, 55 sit-ups, 60 Russian twists March 31st: 60 Russian twists, 60 mountain climbers, 55 sit-ups April 1st: 50 bird dogs, 60 sec plank, 60 bicycle crunches April 2nd: 55 sit-ups, 60 bicycle crunches, 60 Russian twists
I will be doing this challenge as well, and posting it on my Instagram story. Go follow @thehealthyhustle, and it will be like we are doing it as a team!
Grab and friend, and lets stay motivated together!
Peace & Love,
Emily Burkhardt @thehealthyhustle