Um, hi! Halloween is literally down the block and around the corner and from here til then all of the recipes I’m sharing will be spookily themed for your culinary delight. Today’s recipe is over-the-top yummy and a cinch to make – you could literally do it in your microwave if you prefer not to use your stove top.
I’ve whipped up something crazy good for your Halloween fest: chocolate and peanut butter, sea-salted, pretzel popcorn. Yes, all of those things: chocolate, PB, sea-salt, pretzels, popcorn. Freaking out down here over how tasty this is (boo!). Recipe below…[separator type=”thin”]
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pretzel Popcorn[tabgroup layout=”horizontal”] [tab title=”Ingredients”]1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 bag of your favorite popcorn (popped)
1/2 cup of crushed pretzels (into 1/4 inch pieces – slightly smaller than the popcorn)
1 tablespoon sea salt (large pieces)[/tab] [tab title=”Procedure”]1. Microwave popcorn and put into a large bowl (not for serving) combined with pretzel pieces.
2. In a microwaveable bowl, place chocolate chips and microwave for 10 seconds at a time, stirring in between until the chocolate is fully melted. Stir in peanut butter and microwave again for 15 more seconds. Stir until completely combined.
3. While the chocolate/peanut butter mixture is still liquidy and hot, drizzle 1/4 of the liquid over the popcorn and pretzel pieces, gently folding everything together. Continue to add liquid 1/4 at a time until fully combined or to your taste.
4. Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt and fold to combine once more.
5. Spread popcorn out on a large sheet of parchment paper to dry completely.
6. Enjoy![/tab] [tab title=”Notes”]Serving Size: 1 Bag of Popcorn
Difficulty Level: Easy
Time: 30 minutes[/tab] [/tabgroup]