[infobox subtitle=”10 Music Festival Essentials” bg=”green” color=”white” opacity=”on” space=”30″ link=”no link”]Let It Begin…[/infobox] It’s t-minus THREE days to Coachella. Weekend 1 of the notorious event begins this Friday, and whether you’re going to Coachella or another music festival (Outside Lands? Firefly? Gov Ball? Bonnaroo?), now is the time to begin thinking about essentials. We’re not talking about your distressed denim shorts or your super-cute backpack (even though they are essentials). We’re talking about the nitty-gritty products that will get you through the weekend. What are they? Keep on reading.
Before setting off for an amazing music-filled weekend, make sure you have:
- Water Bottle — Hydration is important. It’s as simple as that.
- Bobby Pins and Hair Ties — It’s the little things that often make the most difference. Keep these handy for those times your hair is not cooperating. Don’t think that putting your hair up means less of a party though (think: dressed up braids and cool accessories for chic hairstyles).
- Moisturizer with SPF — Tans are cool. Sun damage is not. Make it a little bit easier to take care of yourself by keeping moisturizer already stocked with SPF. Your skin will thank you.
- Sunglasses — Sunglasses may be somewhat obvious, but it’s often the obvious objects that are forgotten. Before leaving your house, make sure you have a pair (or two) in your bag.
- Rain Boots –– Though we’re always hoping for a weekend of sunshine, it’s best to be prepared with a pair of rain boots. The last thing you want is to ruin your sandals in mounds of mud. Doesn’t sound pretty, does it?
- Blotting Papers — It’s most likely that you won’t have the time (or energy) to go through your entire make-up routine, and inevitably, some products will have to be left behind. Blotting papers should not be one of these products. Bring these along to soak up oils that accumulate throughout the day.
- Lip Balm with SPF — We’re very passionate about protecting ourselves from sun damage. Make sure your lip balm of choice has SPF to protect those sensitive lips!
- Dry Shampoo — We often talk about the power of dry shampoo but its power is especially evident during music festivals. With dry shampoo, the philosophy is quick and simple: spray and you’re ready to go.
- Wipes — Access to showers is not often as great as we hope for at music festivals. Sanitizing wipes are an easy way to feel cleaner throughout the days.
- Mini First Aid Kit — Leave the bigger injuries for the professionals, but be ready for (small) accidents with a mini first aid kit that carries band-aids, aloe gel (for sunburns), pain medicine and other items of the sort.
What are your music festival essentials? Tell us in the comments below!