Know what I love? A delicious, ice cream sandwich. Let’s be honest – if you like cookies, and/or ice cream you love an ice cream sandwich also. I was first introduced as a college student at UCLA (there’s a famous shop in Westwood) and ever since then I’ve been hooked.
They’re easy to make, even easier to customize, and a total crowd pleaser. I throw a lot of dinner parties and am constantly trying to up my dessert ante and I realized that I had never served my guests an over-the-top ice cream sammie before! What a treat! Everybody can choose their own cookie, ice cream, and…toppings. Yes, you read that correctly! Once the ice cream is smushed in between your cookies, who not roll it in any variety of delicious snacks to create a completely one-of-a-kind party treat?!
I’m a Graze subscriber and get their snacks delivered to our office and home every week and because they vary from sweet and savory to salty, I figured the snacks would serve the “toppings” purpose beautifully at my ice cream sandwich dessert party. If you’ve never given Graze a try before…um, do it. Your first box is free, and all you have to do is tell them the snacks you love to eat and then BAM – your box of treats will show up ready to be devoured.
But back to the ice cream sandwiches….here’s all you need and have to do:[ingredients title=”Ingredients”]
- Variety of ice cream flavors
- Variety of cookies
- Variety of Graze snacks (I used the following combos: pineapple/coconut/mango, redskin peanuts/vanilla fudge/mini chocolate cookies, and strawberry/oat & barley granola/yogurt pieces) – Click here to try 4-snack smaller box!
- First, let your ice cream soften a bit at room temperature. Take a warm ice cream spoon (run it under warm water, and clean it off in between flavors) and create the largest ball of ice cream you can in the container by scooping over and over again. Imagine your rolling snow for the base of a snow man.
- Take your first cookie in one hand and your ice cream in the other and gently smush the ice cream onto the flat side of the cookie. Finish the cookie by smashing the ice cream down with your second (or top) cookie. Voila – ice cream sandwich almost complete.
- Next, you’re going to want to sprinkle your snacks on a plate covered in parchment paper and gently roll your ice cream sandwich through them. Use your hand to pack a bit more onto the ice cream if you wish and then place the sandwich in the freezer until you’re ready to serve.
- Repeat, freeze, enjoy!