So we’re welcoming wellness into our lives over here at TheLoDown (in fact, the entire focus of the site is changing to focus on health) and with that comes a delicious, easy, and quick weekday lunch recipe that I literally made in 15 minutes.
I’m a huge fan of a tomato stew, especially with white beans, and some kind of protein. Typically I like to roast a dish like this (imagine a whole chicken cut in half, browning nicely with delicious tomatoes and things all around slowly soaking up flavor) but I wanted to see just how quickly I could mimic one of my faves with the ingredients I had on hand.
Here’s what you need: a protein (I chose thin chicken breasts for speedy cooking), crushed tomatoes, fresh basil and thyme, a bit of onion or shallot, and some beans. Oh, and a little S&P (salt and PEPPA), obvs.
Brown up your shallots, brown up your chicken quickly, add the rest of the stuff and simmer for 15 minutes. That’s it. Delicious, gluten-free, dairy-free, and QUICK.
Here’s the full recipe:
15 Minute Chicken, Tomato, and White Bean Stew
1. 1 Shallot, sliced in thin rounds
2. 1 tablespoon ghee
3. 2 thinly sliced chicken breasts
4. Salt and Pepper to season
5. 1 can crushed tomatoes
6. 1/2 can white beans
7. 10-12 fresh basil leaves
8. 10 sprigs of thyme leaves
9. 4-5 cherry tomatoes
1. In a medium sauce pan heat ghee and quickly brown shallots.
2. In the same pan add your seasoned chicken breasts and brown on both sides quickly at a high heat.
3. Lower heat and add crushed tomatoes, white beans, cherry tomatoes, basil leaves, thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
4. Let simmer (don’t boil) for 15 minutes. Then enjoy!