ready for a do-over?
Us too. Instead of looking back at 2016 with despair, it’s time to shake off the ghosties of holidays-past and look to tomorrow for hope, health, and happiness. It’s the only way to live, really. Why look behind you when it’s much to do about nothing back there?
Along with fans of Love Wellness, my collection of natural and doctor-recommended feminine wellness products, us gals at TheLoDown are about to embark on a 14 day journey of peace and love (starting Monday, January 9th). Why? Because we know that the only way to reclaim the health of our bodies and minds is through
food, sleep, exercise, meditation, and love.
Deep down you innately know this to be true. No matter how skinny it is, that latte you rely on every morning isn’t doing you any favors. Why not back away slowly from your vices of choice (ciggies, gluten, ice cream, diet coke, etc.) and join us as we step into a revolutionary 2017?
Ditch gluten, dairy, booze, and caffeine for 14 days (yes, two whole weeks) and experience the tremendous results. In truth, a two-week health turn-around is pretty miraculous. You’ll feel energized, you’ll sleep better, your skin will clear, your mood will brighten, and any yeast or BV infections you’ve been playing host to will subside. The science is out there, people. By ditching gluten and dairy, you give your body a chance to heal from the inflammation you’ve mercilessly inflicted upon it.
Inflammation manifests itself in many forms:
headaches, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, acne, insomnia, depression, arthritis…
I could go on and on. Trust me, people go Paleo not just for the waist-slimming benefits. They do so because it affects their overall health in miraculous ways, top to bottom.
So…are you in?
If so, check back often over the next two weeks as I keep my own detox diary and share recipes from my kitchen, along with tips I’ve found help curb cravings and quiet a chattering mind. The goal here is first and foremost to eliminate bad guys from your diet that affect the delicate microbiome, the billions of bacterial colonies that you host and in turn, keep you healthy. It’s proven that gluten and dairy (for those who have a sensitivity) wipe out these good guys, and as a result, immunity and health go down the shitter. When your microbiome is in peril the inflammation begins, spreads, and makes you feel pretty sub-par.
In general, here’s what my 14 Day Detox Diet entails:
- Eliminate gluten. This means wheat, flour, barley, and 99% of processed foods.
- Eliminate dairy. Yes, goodbye yogurt. Get good bacteria via probiotics instead.
- Eliminate caffeine. It can mess with stress hormones and inhibit good sleep habits.
- Eliminate processed foods and drinks in general. Tons of bad guys hiding in there.
- Eliminate sugar (natural sugar in limited amounts of fruit is ok).
- Meditate for 20 minutes a day to let your body know it’s in a safe, restful state. I love the Headspace app for easy, guided meditation.
- Sleep for a minimum of 7 hours. Go to bed earlier if you must. It will be nice, I promise.
- Drink 8 eight ounce glasses of water a day. Hydration keeps things moving and the body functioning properly.
- Add probiotics and an anti-inflammatory supplement to your diet to soothe the body and recolonize good bacteria.
In short, if you do the detox with us, you’re going to feel and look better, poop a ton, kick yeast infections to the curb, feel excited to exercise, and sleep like a baby. There’s really nothing to lose, except a few pounds and any nasty, lingering feelings from 2016. The Detox begins on Monday, January 9th. Clean out your fridge, restock it with veggies, and look out for Detox-friendly recipes direct from my kitchen to you!