Hey babes! Anyone down for some Spring cleaning?? Aside from giving my apartment a little sprucing up, I’ve decided to gear the majority of my energy towards my closet and building more of a timeless wardrobe.

I love shopping just as much as the next girl but I tend to fill my closet with pieces I only use once or twice, so instead of buying what’s on trend each season, I’m making it a point to have my wardrobe be filled with 70% basics and the other 30% for whenever I have a “treat yo’self” moment and decide to buy a few different stand out items!

So what are the basics you ask? I’m sure you know about all of the following classics I’m going to list but I’m here to give you a little refresher just in case you still haven’t gotten around to owning them!


It doesn’t get anymore classic than a little black dress! You can go from day to night in your dress with a few minor accessory changes such as throwing on a pair of heels, jewelry and makeup for an evening occasion or dressing it down with a cardigan or blazer during the day!

There are so many different styles of LBD but the most important thing is that you feel like a total babe in it! Whether it’s sleeveless, V-neck, knee-length or short, be sure to find a dress that accentuates all of your favorite attributes making you look sexy yet sophisticated. No matter the occasion you will never feel over or underdressed with the iconic LBD.

White Button Down Shirt

If you know me then you know that I practically live in a white button down shirt! There are endless ways to wear this staple piece which makes it in my opinion, a true must-have in everyone’s (including men) closet. You can wear it solo, under a sweater, part of a suit, tucked in or out, with jeans, a skirt, with heels or a pair of sneakers…however you decide to style it make sure it always looks crisp, ironed and fits you well!


You know what I love more than a white button down? A good pair of hip-huggin’, booty lookin’ nice, pair of denim! If you think about it, you probably wear jeans almost every single day which is why splurging and buying a a few quality pairs is valid. I suggest having a light wash, dark wash and a black pair in whatever styles you find flatter you best. I usually go for a skinny, straight leg, cropped and a high waisted jean! Dress them up with heels and a blazer or opt for a  more day to day look with a pair of sneakers and a t-shirt.

Basic Tees

There’s nothing more effortless than a t-shirt with a pair of jeans.  You can give your tee some more edge by throwing a black leather jacket on top, pairing it with a printed skirt or keep it casual with leggings! White and black are a must but I would throw a gray in there too! I also recommend buying multiple of your favorite tees, especially your white ones because no matter how many times or how good you think you wash it, they always tend to look a bit dingy after awhile.

Black Blazer

If you don’t work in a corporate atmosphere you might think a blazer isn’t necessarily a “must- have” but it’s one structured piece of outwear I believe every one of us gals should own! I personally love a longer blazer, one that hits around mid-butt-you can style it with a pair of shorts and pumps or even sneakers and automatically look chic. A black blazer also goes great paired back to a pair of wide-leg trousers as well as jeans! You can go from work to date-night in a matter of seconds with this versatile item in your closet!

Black Pumps

Ahhh shoes, they’re my weakness!! A pair you will constantly see in my rotation are classic black pumps, they literally go with everything and can dress up any outfit! All you need is one good pair so go ahead and spend a few extra dollars on them, think of them as an investment!

White sneakers

Sporty Chic has kind of been my jam lately and the best way to pull off that look is with fresh white kicks! You can style them with dresses, jeans, skirts,leggings…pretty much anything! Get you a pair of adidas all white Stan Smith’s or Reebok Classics and you’re good to go for brunch out with the gals or a night out on the town with bae!

If you’re all about keeping up with the trends, try not to buy too many “it” pieces, buy one or two you can style back to your essentials!

What other pieces would you consider must-haves for us ladies to have in our closets?!