Gingham, the checkered white and colored fabric Judy Garland famously donned in the Wizard of Oz, took over the Spring 2015 runways. From Oscar de la Renta’s oversized take of the mod fabric to Altuzarra, Michael Kors and Bottega Venetta’s use of the pattern, it looks like gingham is here to stay (well, at least for this upcoming season).
If you’re not a fan of the retro pattern, look back to Brigitte Bardot for inspiration. The blond bombshell walked down the aisle in a pink gingham dress, a move so daring it caused a gingham shortage in France. Who could’ve guessed that could even happen?
Not sure how to wear our favorite picnic-inspired fabric? Let us help! From crop tops to pants, skirts and dresses, gingham is acceptable in any way, shape or form this season. Lucky enough for you, we’ve scoured the Internet and picked our favorite pieces from our favorite shops.
Shop the Post
Are you a gingham advocate? Let us know how you’ll be wearing the pattern this season in the comments below!
Seven straight days of clothes, crazy people, coffee, cabs and more are officially finished for one more season. Like when anything comes to an end, it’s time for reflection. Navigating through the endless looks, designers and trend trend overload post Fashion Week frenzy can be daunting. So here are the top five lessons we’ve learned from this seasons marathon.
1. Gym clothes not for the gym are everywhere – Bust out those sneakers! Nearly everything designer from Alexander Wang to Rebecca Taylor showcased sportswear inspired looks, perfect for not so athletic gals like myself.
2. Tastefully Transparent – From sheer tops to fully transparent skirts, Spring 2015 is all about sexy translucent pieces. Slip optional.
3. Bigger is better – This season we saw over-sized everything. Easy breezy loose fitting dresses, coats and tops that leave a trail of flowing fabric behind. Light luxe fabrics are ideal for the warmer months ahead.
4. Makeup is out – The #Iwokeuplikethis trend is strong as ever, as countless designers including Marc Jacobs showcased barefaces. So start exfoliating and moisturizing your way into Spring 2015.
5. Gingham,gingham, gingham – The picnic friendly plaid also known as gingham proved itself as a major staple this season. The pattern gives any look a sweetness with a does of edge. Use it in your wardrobe for some pattern play and layering.
What did you think of #NYFW, #LFW, and #MFW? Paris is next! Leave your comments below!